Finally some sunshine! We’ve been enjoying it too – outside every afternoon, basking in the warmth. I think the beagle is the happiest one, even I’m not minding the muddy mess she makes.
On the homeschool front we’re almost finished with our 5th term. Just one more term to go and we’re done with this school year. It looks like we’ll officially wrap-up in June. I’m hoping to start 6th grade earlier in the summer too. Usually we wait until after Labor Day weekend but I’d like to squeeze in a few school weeks in August. Not sure if that will happen. August is prime summer weather here which means lying around beside the pool with a book for me. But I always feel this way in May (because I’d like to finish school earlier). We shall see, I suppose.
Our week in pictures…
1. Reciting her memory verse – we’re memorizing the armor of God this term.
2. Learning more Greek word roots – with a friend (which is always more fun).
3. A few books in our read aloud pile – the second book in the Child’s Geography series and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
4. Enjoying some time outside in the sunshine – and I’m realizing they are just getting too big for that swing set.
5. A little art time – TJ got a tub of air dry clay in her Easter basket this year so she’s been busy sculpting and painting this week.
Wandering the web….
- 10 Things Moms Want You to Know About Homeschooling Middle School from Education Possible
- The Grass is Greener & New Curriculum from Classically Homeschooling
- What are the liberal arts? from Simply Convivial
- Picture Books that Demonstrate Narrative Writing from Our Journey Westward
- Teaching History with Art & Artifacts from Harrington Harmonies
Piles of books…
I finished Robinson Crusoe last week and need to get started on my next Well-Educated Mind book, but keep putting it off. Instead, I’m reading some ‘fun fluff’ books – Mark of the Thief and At the Drop of a Hat.
TJ is reading the second Nancy Drew book, The Westing Game, books about Rome, and a few comic books.
We’re almost finished with Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. I have a few audio books about Ancient Rome I’d like to tackle next (unless Little Women gets here first) and we’re working our way through A Child’s Geography II.
What’s happening at The Sunny Patch…
Struggling to fit in read aloud time? I’ve got tips from 11 homeschooling bloggers!
A good way to fit in some protein in the morning (without eggs!) – no bake breakfast cheesecake.
Have a kid that dawdles? Here are 6 tips for homeschooling slow movers.
Tell me about your week!
Stay in touch!
Stay in touch with The Sunny Patch by signing up for our newsletter. All the best information sent right to your inbox!
You'll also receive a FREE 5-day Unit Study!