It’s snowy and cold here so we’ve been spending most of our time indoors – school, movie nights, read alouds – it’s been nice and cozy. Thankfully, cabin fever hasn’t set in yet.
We’re wrapping up our 19th week of 5th grade – past the halfway mark, yay!
Our week in pictures…
1. Coloring while we finish up reading aloud Black Ships Before Troy – two more weeks of studying ancient Greece and then we’ll move on to ancient Rome and the early Church.
2. We’re taking a little break from Teaching Textbooks for a bit – TJ needs more time to cement her fractions (multiplication and division) so we’re using Horizons for awhile.
3. TJ is enjoying her new history book – Pages of History from Veritas Press.
4. Working on some finger knitting – making headbands and ear warmers (I love our multicolor yarn so I have about 4 skeins of it to use up!).
5. Learning some spelling rules for -ence and -ance words – and reading from a few word lists in All About Spelling.
Wandering the web….
- How to Choose Books for Kids from Ed Snapshots
- Why are Classical Education Principles Important? from Simply Convivial
- How to Create a Life of Education from Teachers of Good Things
- Reading Comprehension Strategies from This Reading Mama
Piles of books…
TJ is reading a book about beagles, Pages of History, The Hobbit, and a pile of sparkly pink magazines about ponies and Barbies at bedtime. We finished Black Ships Before Troy and started The Wanderings of Odysseus.
What’s happening at The Sunny Patch…
Tell me about your week!
Stay in touch!
Stay in touch with The Sunny Patch by signing up for our newsletter. All the best information sent right to your inbox!
You'll also receive a FREE 5-day Unit Study!