More sniffles and sneezing this week – Nick and I caught TJ’s cold. On top of that I woke up with a horrible headache one morning. Thankfully Nick was available to step in – he covered the basics with TJ while I took some Tylenol and went back to bed. The rest of the week went well though I’ll be happy when we’re all fully recovered!
It’s Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada so ‘Happy Thanksgiving’ to all my Canadian friends. I’m not sure yet if we’re taking the week off next week (well, Monday is off for sure!) since we’re heading to Florida in a month. I’m leaning towards taking the days off (we all need a break!).
Our week in pictures…
- Working on Megawords – we’re using it as a vocabulary program (and to solidify spelling rules).
- Tourtière for dinner – this has got to be one of my favorite Quebec dishes!
- It’s an interest-led week here – which means we spent time reading literature selections (The Magician’s Nephew) and she spends 1 hour each day on the subject of her choice. She wanted to study Frozen so we read The Snow Queen, books about Hans Christian Andersen, and learned about Norway. It was a pretty fun week!
- Spelling lesson – she’s giggling because I kept trying to take her picture and she kept making faces.
- Working on possessive pronouns with Treasured Conversations – the grammar review and copywork is just perfect.
Wandering the web….
- 11 Fantastic Books for Little Girls
- Start your Morning with Classical Music
- True Education is not about Making a Living
- On Driving Your Curriculum
Piles of books…
I finished a pile of books this week – Origins of Life, Weighed in the Balance, Death by the Dozen, and The Mill on the Floss. Working on – The Tenant of Wildfell Hall, The Book of the Ancient Romans, The Book of Margery Kempe, and Darwin’s Black Box.
TJ is reading The Magician’s Nephew, and books related to Frozen – The Snow Queen, a few books about Norway, and Hans Christian Andersen.
We’re almost finished reading aloud The Hero’s Guide to Saving Your Kingdom.
What’s happening at The Sunny Patch…
Tell me about your week!