Aaaaand…. we’re back! Back from our week off, that is!
Back to our routine, with a few changes. Morning meeting has now become afternoon meeting and a few other small changes.
We’ve added something new to our day – Word Up! The Vocab Show from Compass Classroom (the creators of Visual Latin). Dwane Thomas is back and he’s better than ever. These videos are so so good!
TJ and I have been giggling our way through the series. She would sit and watch them all at once but I’m only allowing us to watch one a day.
This program is definitely worth checking out (and the first 2 videos are free!).
Our week in pictures…
- TJ was so happy to see a few more of the How to Train Your Dragon books arrive. I thought we finally had them all and now I see that there’s another one. I guess there’s another book order in my future.
- She’s discovered the Horrible Histories books and is reading her way through two of them all about ancient Egypt. And then she made me look at Egyptian medical practices. Ewww….
- A quick peek at WordUp! The Vocab Show. Fun stuff! You should really, really check it out. Did I say that already?
- Adding a few more pieces to her Old Testament lapbook. This week we learned more about Egypt (and Moses).
- A grammar test with Rod & Staff. She sailed right through it (except for a few sloppy spelling mistakes. Anyone have a solution for the kid who makes careless mistakes?).
Wandering the web….
- Middle School Chemistry: Build Atoms with Candy from Education Possible
- 4 Easy Steps to Teaching Your Child to Use a Student Planner from Classically Homeschooling
- Dirty Windows and the Truth about Comparing from Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers
- How to Create an Atmosphere of Education from Teachers of Good Things
Piles of books…
What’s happening at The Sunny Patch…
Tell me about your week!
Stay in touch!
Stay in touch with The Sunny Patch by signing up for our newsletter. All the best information sent right to your inbox!
You'll also receive a FREE 5-day Unit Study!