Aaaaand…. we’re back! Back from our week off, that is!
Back to our routine, with a few changes. Morning meeting has now become afternoon meeting and a few other small changes.
We’ve added something new to our day – Word Up! The Vocab Show from Compass Classroom (the creators of Visual Latin). Dwane Thomas is back and he’s better than ever. These videos are so so good!
TJ and I have been giggling our way through the series. She would sit and watch them all at once but I’m only allowing us to watch one a day.
This program is definitely worth checking out (and the first 2 videos are free!).
Our week in pictures…
- TJ was so happy to see a few more of the How to Train Your Dragon books arrive. I thought we finally had them all and now I see that there’s another one. I guess there’s another book order in my future.
- She’s discovered the Horrible Histories books and is reading her way through two of them all about ancient Egypt. And then she made me look at Egyptian medical practices. Ewww….
- A quick peek at WordUp! The Vocab Show. Fun stuff! You should really, really check it out. Did I say that already?
- Adding a few more pieces to her Old Testament lapbook. This week we learned more about Egypt (and Moses).
- A grammar test with Rod & Staff. She sailed right through it (except for a few sloppy spelling mistakes. Anyone have a solution for the kid who makes careless mistakes?).
Wandering the web….
- Middle School Chemistry: Build Atoms with Candy from Education Possible
- 4 Easy Steps to Teaching Your Child to Use a Student Planner from Classically Homeschooling
- Dirty Windows and the Truth about Comparing from Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers
- How to Create an Atmosphere of Education from Teachers of Good Things
Piles of books…
What’s happening at The Sunny Patch…
Tell me about your week!