It’s getting colder around here. I finally had to turn the heat on this week – socks and sweaters weren’t enough. Now to convince the kid she needs to have shoes on her feet when she goes outside!
We had a good school week. Some days TJ stayed on task and moved through her assignments easily. A few days I had to keep reminding her to get back to the books. Wish I could bottle up some of her diligence for those dawdling days.
Our week in pictures…
- Weekly drawing lessons – we’re focusing on drawing this year for art and using a few drawing DVDs to practice the basic skills. TJ loves to draw so it’s certainly time to make sure we’ve covering all the basics.
- Science with Snap Circuits – TJ has some science fun on Fridays. Right now she’s working through some snap circuits experiments.
- History lessons – working on some pieces for her Middle Ages lapbook.
- Topics we’re covering – learning about the black death and the church during the Middle Ages.
- Extra history fun – reading a few bits about the Canterbury Tales and watching a few documentaries.
Wandering the web….
- The Role of Questions in Classical Education from Family Style Schooling
- Do Just One Thing from Sweetness & Light
- The One Lie All Moms Tell & Why We Need to Stop from Joy in the Journey
- 5 Tips to Teach Math with Confidence from Math Geek Mama
- How to Handle Kids Who Don’t Like to Read from Jimmie’s Collage
Piles of books…
What’s happening at The Sunny Patch…
Tell me about your week!