It’s getting colder around here. I finally had to turn the heat on this week – socks and sweaters weren’t enough. Now to convince the kid she needs to have shoes on her feet when she goes outside!
We had a good school week. Some days TJ stayed on task and moved through her assignments easily. A few days I had to keep reminding her to get back to the books. Wish I could bottle up some of her diligence for those dawdling days.
Our week in pictures…
- Weekly drawing lessons – we’re focusing on drawing this year for art and using a few drawing DVDs to practice the basic skills. TJ loves to draw so it’s certainly time to make sure we’ve covering all the basics.
- Science with Snap Circuits – TJ has some science fun on Fridays. Right now she’s working through some snap circuits experiments.
- History lessons – working on some pieces for her Middle Ages lapbook.
- Topics we’re covering – learning about the black death and the church during the Middle Ages.
- Extra history fun – reading a few bits about the Canterbury Tales and watching a few documentaries.
Wandering the web….
- The Role of Questions in Classical Education from Family Style Schooling
- Do Just One Thing from Sweetness & Light
- The One Lie All Moms Tell & Why We Need to Stop from Joy in the Journey
- 5 Tips to Teach Math with Confidence from Math Geek Mama
- How to Handle Kids Who Don’t Like to Read from Jimmie’s Collage
Piles of books…
What’s happening at The Sunny Patch…
Tell me about your week!
Stay in touch!
Stay in touch with The Sunny Patch by signing up for our newsletter. All the best information sent right to your inbox!
You'll also receive a FREE 5-day Unit Study!