We’re closing in on the last few things to finish up before Christmas break – we wrapped up our study of the Middle Ages this week, we’re working on some Latin review, and doing some extra grammar assignments so we can finish the unit by the end of next week. Then we’ll be on Christmas break for two weeks with our list of fun things – making cinnamon rolls and a gingerbread house, driving around to see the lights, and wrapping presents. I don’t have too much planned – I prefer a more low-key Christmas with just a few activities.
Our week in pictures…
- Playing a game about the Middle Ages to wrap up or history study – now this is a fun way to review what we’ve learned!
- More Snap Circuits – TJ and a friend spent some time using Snap Circuits for science for “Fun Friday” last week. I think Friday is probably the highlight of our week – we look forward to all the fun activities that we save for that day.
- Putting her Middle Ages lapbook together – besides reviewing with our game, TJ’s final history assignment was putting together her lapbook. We’ve had lots of fun with Project Passport – now it’s time to prep for our Renaissance & Reformation study.
Wandering the web….
- 5 Must-Have Homeschool Math Manipulatives from Math Geek Mama
- Christmas Break Tasks for the Homeschool Mom from iHomeschool Network
- 5 Ways to Raise a Giver from Joy in the Journey
- Maintaining Your Joy in Homeschooling from The Nitty Gritty Mom
- 10 Ways for Kids to Give Back from My Little Poppies
Piles of books…
I finished two books this week – The Awakening of Miss Prim and 1066: The Year of Conquest. I just started Walden and got back to reading The History of the Medieval World (I really need to start reading about the Renaissance now since we’ll be studying that in the new year).
TJ is reading Catherine, Called Birdy, a Stars Wars book and a few books about the Middle Ages.
What’s happening at The Sunny Patch…
- Homeschooling on a Budget: Use Your Library – tips for using your library and a free printable Book Bingo game.
- FashionABLE Jewelry – a review and giveaway for this unique service. Design your own jewelry and support women who are overcoming difficult situations.
- Quick & Easy Homemade Gift Ideas – 10 easy to make last minute gift ideas (great for kids to make too).
Tell me about your week!
Stay in touch!
Stay in touch with The Sunny Patch by signing up for our newsletter. All the best information sent right to your inbox!
You'll also receive a FREE 5-day Unit Study!