We’re back from Christmas break – and a lovely break it was. We were so busy that it just seemed to fly by – visiting friends, Christmas services and parties, time with family. It was a very nice break with lots of wonderful memories (and presents!).
- A little piano practice – TJ spent some time perfecting a few Christmas carols during vacation. We had many rounds of ‘guess what song I’m playing’.
- Happy New Year – we decided to ring in the New Year with Star Wars and some friends. Great movie but it felt very weird getting ready to go to the movie theater so late at night.
- Cookie decorating – … more like trying to cram as many sweets on top of a cookie as possible. These kids don’t understand the meaning of restraint when it comes to cookie decoration.
Our week in pictures…
- Back to the books this week – working away at some grammar… all about pronouns this week.
- We started our study of the Renaissance this week – learning about Leonardo da Vinci and the Medici family.
- TJ celebrates her birthday today – we surprised her a bit earlier in the week with a WiiU.
- Working on some math with Redbird Math – we’ve been using an online self-paced program to shake up the normal math routine. It’s a challenging program!
Wandering the web….
- 3 Common Missteps in Teaching Multi-Level Children (and How to Fix Them) from Tina’s Dynamic Homeschool Plus
- 10 Homeschool Mistakes from More than a Homeschool Mom
- 3 Realistic Goals for Homeschool Moms from Joy in the Journey
- Recharging You & Your Homeschool for the New Year from My Joy-filled Life
Piles of books…
I’m reading A Strong Poison by Dorothy Sayers. Great book! How did I miss ever hearing about Lord Peter Wimsey before? I’ll be making up for it now! I’m still slowly working my way through Susan W. Bauer’s medieval history book (I won’t tell you how many times I’ve had to renew my library copy… I should probably just purchase my own). I’m hoping to finish it within a few weeks so I can get started on her book about the renaissance.
TJ is reading books about da Vinci and a few horrible histories books for school. In her spare time it’s all comic books lately – Baby Mouse, Zelda, and Sonic.
We got our copy of The Mysterious Benedict Society from the library again – hopefully, we’ll finally finish listening to it before it has to go back again.
What’s happening at The Sunny Patch…
I took a holiday break from blogging but I’m back this week:
- The Hobbit: Resources & Activities for Kids
- 20 Popular Homeschooling Posts
- 5 Simple Tips for Eating Healthy on a Budget
Tell me about your week!