We’ve had a such a busy month that this week was the first time we fit in 5 full days of school! I’m so glad we started in August because even though we are just completing our first full week we have completed 25 days of school – almost a full term for us. This is the first time we’ve finished our first term before Canadian Thanksgiving. That’s a pretty nice feeling.
Our week in pictures…
- Working on her ‘Scrapbook of Sights’ for our Middle Ages study – we’re really enjoying our studies with Home School in the Woods Project Passport series.
- We’re still trying to find out ‘whodunit’ in The Great Chocolate Caper – our first book of the year for studying logic. It’s a very fun introduction to logical thinking. We’ll be finishing up next week before moving on to The Fallacy Detective.
- Reading the daily instructions in her writing textbook – I love that Writing with Skill is directed towards the student. TJ is slowly starting to do her writing independently instead of depending on me to read the instructions to her.
- On to another read aloud – Roger Lancelyn Green’s King Arthur. We have plans to watch a movie version of King Arthur – TJ’s vote is for this Disney version.
Wandering the web….
- Why We Love Delight-Directed Learning from Embracing Destiny
- 5 Must-Reads for Developing a Vision in Homeschooling from Family Style Schooling
- Newbery Medal Books Reading List from Teach Beside Me
- How My New Morning Routine is Saving My Sanity from Investing Love
- The Day My Homeschool Collapsed from Classically Homeschooling
Piles of books…
TJ is finishing up the first Warrior Cats book and she’s read a pile of books about the Middle Ages.
I’m reading aloud The Green Ember right now – we’re both really liking this one.
What’s happening at The Sunny Patch…
Tell me about your week!
Stay in touch!
Stay in touch with The Sunny Patch by signing up for our newsletter. All the best information sent right to your inbox!
You'll also receive a FREE 5-day Unit Study!