We’ve had a such a busy month that this week was the first time we fit in 5 full days of school! I’m so glad we started in August because even though we are just completing our first full week we have completed 25 days of school – almost a full term for us. This is the first time we’ve finished our first term before Canadian Thanksgiving. That’s a pretty nice feeling.
Our week in pictures…
- Working on her ‘Scrapbook of Sights’ for our Middle Ages study – we’re really enjoying our studies with Home School in the Woods Project Passport series.
- We’re still trying to find out ‘whodunit’ in The Great Chocolate Caper – our first book of the year for studying logic. It’s a very fun introduction to logical thinking. We’ll be finishing up next week before moving on to The Fallacy Detective.
- Reading the daily instructions in her writing textbook – I love that Writing with Skill is directed towards the student. TJ is slowly starting to do her writing independently instead of depending on me to read the instructions to her.
- On to another read aloud – Roger Lancelyn Green’s King Arthur. We have plans to watch a movie version of King Arthur – TJ’s vote is for this Disney version.
Wandering the web….
- Why We Love Delight-Directed Learning from Embracing Destiny
- 5 Must-Reads for Developing a Vision in Homeschooling from Family Style Schooling
- Newbery Medal Books Reading List from Teach Beside Me
- How My New Morning Routine is Saving My Sanity from Investing Love
- The Day My Homeschool Collapsed from Classically Homeschooling
Piles of books…
TJ is finishing up the first Warrior Cats book and she’s read a pile of books about the Middle Ages.
I’m reading aloud The Green Ember right now – we’re both really liking this one.
What’s happening at The Sunny Patch…
Tell me about your week!