Light Summer Dinners
In the summer there is nothing quite like a crisp salad for dinner. When it’s hot and you don’t want to cook or eat a heavy meal, a plate of greens with some fabulous toppings and some protein make the perfect meal. On the other hand, it can get easy to get stuck in the same “salad rut” eating the same greens and salad dressing every day. To keep from falling into the monotony of boring greens, I made a salad chart that I use to keep me inspired to try new toppings and combinations. But I’m always looking for new ideas to serve on that plate of greens so here’s a great collection of salad ideas to inspire my summer dinners.
I’ve divided them into two categories – ‘main dish’ salads that are more hearty and ‘side dish’ salads that could serve as a great side to a piece of grilled chicken or fish.
10 Side Dish Salads
- Very Berry Salad with Dijon Balsamic Vinaigrette from Darcie’s Dishes
- Spinach Salad with Strawberries & Roasted Pine Nuts from The First Year
- Tangy Two-Fruit Summer Salad from Earning & Saving with Sarah Fuller
- Black Bean & Avocado Salad from My Turn for Us
- Strawberry Kale Salad from What the Fork Food Blog
- Carrot and Jicama Salad with Lime Vinaigrette from Vintage Zest
- Crisp Cabbage Salad with Lemon Garlic Dressing from Shaken Together
- Grilled Peach Salad with Grapefruit Vinaigrette from 3 Boys & a Dog
- Zesty Cucumber Ranch Salad from Moms Confessions
- Watermelon Salad with Homemade Dressing from Spaceships & Laser Beams
10 Main Dish Salads
- Asian Chicken Salad from Love Grows Wild
- Black Bean Tomato Quinoa Salad with Texas Vinaigrette from Call Me PMC
- BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad from Spatulas on Parade
- Southwest Quinoa Salad from Luv a Bargain
- Spinach & Beet Green salad with Honey-Glazed Salmon from A Thrifty Table
- Chicken Parmesan Salad with Fresh Tomato Sauce from A Mind “Full” Mom
- White Fish & Roasted Pepper Spring Green Salad from Real the Kitchen & Beyond
- Chopped Cobb Salad from Taste and Tell
- Spinach Salad with Chicken, Avocado & Goat Cheese from Recipe Girl
- Grilled Chicken & Berry Salad from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
What’s your favorite summertime salad?
Sign up for my weekly healthy living newsletter:
Stay in touch!
Stay in touch with The Sunny Patch by signing up for our newsletter. All the best information sent right to your inbox!
You'll also receive a FREE 5-day Unit Study!