Fitness doesn’t have to be relegated to a weight room or fitness studio. Finding ways to create a more active lifestyle every day will be just as effective in the long run. But how do you easily create a more active lifestyle? By forming new habits. Habit changes take concentrated effort but, after awhile, they […]
Homemaking Tips & Simple Recipes
Welcome to the busy life of a homeschool mom!
Homeschooling takes up much of the day (believe me, I know!) but we still need to fit in time for other household tasks - cooking meals, keeping up with the housework, or running errands. There are lots of tasks that a homeschool mom needs to balance.
With a few years of homeschooling experience (my daughter will be in high school soon) I've learned a few simple tools and tricks to help manage all those daily tasks.
- Freezer meals are one of the quickest & easiest ways to get meals on the table. I like to take a day every other week to stock up on whatever happens to be on sale and do some cooking ahead. It makes meal planning so much easier!
- If freeze cooking isn't your thing, try some of these quick & easy recipes to get meals on the table quickly.
- With kids home all day you know how hard it is to keep up with the mess. Here are some simple tips for managing those daily housekeeping tasks.
Healthy Family Habits
- We've been using essential oils for a few years now - and they have made a huge difference in our lives! I use them to make homemade cleaning supplies and everyday family life. Love them!
- When we started using essential oils I didn't realize that it would begin to affect other parts of our lives - here are some healthy living tips, resources, and ideas that work for simple family life.
- Making some diet changes? Check out these Trim Healthy Mama recipes & resources.
If you're interested in all of these topics, take your time and read the posts below!
Sometimes I just don’t want to think about cooking dinner – that’s when the siren song of the restaurant calls my name. The thought of someone else handling dinner preparations (and clean up!) is just wonderful on those busy days. But, when you are working on making healthy dietary lifestyle changes, that siren song can […]
Lavender is one of my favorite essential oils. It’s calming and gentle and the scent is perfect for so many different uses. These 25 DIY lavender essential oil projects will show you just how versatile lavender can be! Lavender Essential Oil Lavender is one of my favorite all-purpose essential oils. I diffuse it at bedtime, use […]
Since I’ve started using essential oils I am constantly surprised at their everyday uses. One common problem for many people is headache relief – and essential oils work for that! Many people are turning to essential oils to help with their health needs because of their many benefits and using essential oils for headaches is […]
I love simple things that make my day quick and easy. And I know that getting the day started on the right foot is important for a successful day. I have a few simple habits for a great morning routine – get your day started with a bang with these simple ideas. Hack your Morning Routine […]
Like this recipe for grain free orange teriyaki meatballs? Here are more freezer cooking recipes. I love having meatballs stashed away in the freezer – it’s so easy to throw together a quick weeknight meal when I have some on hand. Once a month or so I try to prep a 6-pound pack of ground […]
Like this recipe for grain-free meatballs with mushroom sauce? Here are more simple freezer recipe ideas. Meatballs are a super simple meal – especially when you have some stashed in the freezer. Once a month I try to prep a six-pound batch of meatloaf and meatballs and it comes in handy for quick and simple […]
Like this list of must-have essential oil accessories? Here are more tips for using essential oils. I’ve been using essential oils for more than a year now and my collection is starting to get a little unwieldy. My little bottles have been in a small box but I need to find a new storage solution […]
Like this grain free meatloaf recipe? Here are more make ahead freezer meals. Meatloaf is an American classic – and it’s simple to create an easy version for the freezer that’s also grain free (great for people following wheat-free, gluten-free, Paleo, or other low-carb plans). Make Ahead Freezer Meals Meatloaf is a simple choice for freezer […]
Like these tips for using essential oils? Read more about our first year with essential oils When you first start using essential oils, it feels like information overload. There is so much (sometimes contradictory) advice and information that it can be difficult to sift through it all. I suggest you focus on the basics – how […]