Posts may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase after following the link I will earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you. Learn more in my Disclosure Policy. Thank you for your support!
Homeschool Resources for Teacher Training
Summer break is the perfect time for homeschool moms to relax and recharge for a new homeschool year. It’s also the perfect time to plan and prepare for that new year.
I refer to our summer break as my ‘teacher training’ month. After we’ve been on break for a few weeks, I jump into the preparation and planning. And part of that involves watching seminars, listening to audios, and reading homeschooling books.
The first thing I usually do is re-read portions of The Well-Trained Mind (my teaching manual!). This year there is a lot of reading and looking at our goals and schedule since TJ is going into 5th grade. After I’ve made my notes, looked at my goals, and purchased curriculum, I start getting down to the nitty gritty details.
I go through each subject, taking notes and studying so I’ll be prepared to teach. Between subjects I spend time listening to lots of audios and DVD resources. Some of my favorites:
- Audio downloads from Peace Hill Press
- Audios & Podcasts from Circe
- Video & Audio Seminars from Classical Academic Press
- Audio Seminars from Institute for Excellence in Writing
- Audio Companion to Teaching from Rest from Amongst Lovely Things
- Teaching Writing: Structure & Style from Institute for Excellence in Writing
- Teaching the Classics from Center for Lit
What resources are in your teacher training pile this summer?
Image courtesy of Jomphong/FreeDigitalPhotos.net