Lesson plans for learning about the human body
Studying the human body with K-3rd grade students is all about having fun, doing cool experiments, and exploring good books. With these lesson plans all you need to do is purchase a few supplies and books and you are set for a fun 12 weeks of exploration.
You’ll spend 12 weeks studying different systems of the body, taking 1-2 days each week to read, work on projects and experiments, or check out cool links online. Your kids will build their own human body, adding in all their ‘insides’ as they study them. They’ll learn all about their brain, heart, circulatory system, muscles, bones, joints, and many other topics. The planning work has been done for you with these lesson plans. Just gather your books, supplies, and lesson plans and you are ready to go!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Usborne First Encyclopedia of the Human Body
- My Body from Teacher Created Resources
- Usborne Science Activities vol. 3
- Giant Science Resource Book (optional)
- Magic School Bus: Journey into the Human Body (not scheduled in the lesson plans but a very fun addition!)
- Experiment forms
- Narration page
12-week Human Body Study Lesson Plans
Click on the image to download the PDF lesson plans.
Looking for more science lesson plans – be sure to scroll down for lessons about animals & plants!