Keeping preschoolers busy is an all-day job!
If you’re busy with homeschooling older children, cleaning, cooking, or other work, finding something to keep them occupied for a few minutes is important. One of my favorite ways to keep my daughter occupied while I was busy with other things was with activity bags or busy bags.
Activity bags are simply ziptop bags with a different learning or playtime activity that preschoolers can work on independently, freeing up your time for other households tasks and responsibilities. Of course, the time-consuming part is making up the bags. But, once they are done, you are set!
Besides using them for a few minutes of quiet time while you are busy around the house activity bags are also great to take with you – at appointments, church, or in the car. And, if you make up a lot of bags, you’ll have plenty of variety to keep your preschooler engaged.
You’ll find lots of great activities for your preschoolers here:
- Activity Bags for Preschoolers from The Sunny Patch
- Gallon Ziplock Bag Activities for Preschoolers from Teach Mama
- Ultimate Guide to Preschool Busy Bags from Walking by the Way
- Busy Bag Ideas from All Our Days
- Busy Bag Printables from 3 Dinosaurs
If you’re looking for more ideas or premade kits here are a few great resources:
- the Activity Bags series from Currclick is really great with lots of awesome resources
- for premade kits, Little Learning Lovies In a Box sets are really neat
Stay in touch!
Stay in touch with The Sunny Patch by signing up for our newsletter. All the best information sent right to your inbox!
You'll also receive a FREE 5-day Unit Study!