Sandwiches are the perfect summer dinner.
Enjoying dinner out on the deck, especially a dinner that doesn’t heat up the kitchen or leave you feeling stuffed and uncomfortable, is my favorite part of the day. Quick and interesting sandwiches are the perfect way to meet those goals. But, who wants to get in the sandwich rut of pb&j or grilled cheese? Let’s find some fun things to put between those slices of bread!
- Chicken Salad Croissant from Life in the Lofthouse
- Torta De Jamon from Feeding Big
- California Chicken Wrap from Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Chicken Avocado Pitas from The Cookie Rookie
- Pineapple Chicken Salad Sandwich from Six Sisters’ Stuff
- Crock Pot French Dip Sandwiches from Women Living Well
- Easy Crock Pot Meatball Subs from Flour on My Face
- Grilled Salmon Sandwiches from 3 Boys & a Dog
- Black Bean & Corn Quesadillas from Crystal & Co.
- Easy Crock Pot Pulled Pork Sandwich from Flour on My Face
- Easy Chicken & Cheese Quesadillas from Faith Filled Food for Moms
And let’s not forget dessert!
- Apple Cheddar Pound Cake Sandwich from I Love My Disorganized Life
- Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Sandwiches from Pint Sized Baker
In the summer, I love to cook a big crock pot full of chicken, pork or beef and shred it up. Then I package it up and stick it in the freezer. When it’s time to make dinner, the bulk of the work is all done. It’s so easy to come up with some great sandwiches when the hard work is all done for you! Check out my simple method for precooking chicken on my batch cooking with club packs page.
Now go enjoy dinner without heating up the kitchen! Pair a good sandwich with a salad or some fruit and you’ve got the perfect summertime meal.
What’s your favorite sandwich?